Friday, 23 April 2010

The Moments that bond us

There are those parties which go down in history; where everything which can happen, does, and it becomes woven into the history of your friendship. For me it was a party at my friend Alex's houses, where Richard fell through the ceiling, Alex fell asleep on a trampoline and I found myself a girlfriend. For Sam, Lauren, Kirsten and Karen, who we met last night, it was a New Year's Eve Party.

"Was I there", asks Karen. The others all start laughing.
"The one with Cheryl"
Karen bursts out laughing. "Oh yeah. God that was a good party." Kirsten had invited all her best friends, from uni, school and work. Karen told us about her run in with Cheryl, an immaculately dressed mutual acquaintance.
"Well first I kept calling her Helen, which obviously she wasn't too keen on. Then later on in the evening, I was plastered, and she was looking around for her cardigan, I think it was Vivienne Westwood- and there was I- standing on it and using it to clean the floor."
Sam cuts in, "And Karen said, "Sorry Helen"." They all burst out laughing.
"And James met Mo Mowlem!" We look at Lauren, a bit taken aback. "Yeah, he was wondering home afterward and he got a picture with her"

You get the impression there are a hundred other stories mutually remembered at that moment, as the whole evening rushes back to them as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment